- You will be part of our innovative Crash & Safety team, actively and responsibly shaping a future where every car is electric and shared
- Creation and update of all applicable global safety requirements for frontal impact, side impact, rear impact, PedPro, child occupants, regardless of the regions of the world.
- Develop Crash & Safety goals for occupant safety, testing and schedules, and technical guidelines for crash mechanics and literature review for continuous improvement
- Preparation of performance specifications for restraint systems, seating systems, interior and exterior systems, body structures, HV safety, and for other cross-functional departments to achieve crash & safety targets before and after a crash
- Develop Crash & Safety FMA and quality history for current and future vehicle models and contribute to the development of component specifications, DFMEA for components and other engineering design documents
- Establish design policies and procedures to avoid known issues, support design functions in achieving component and vehicle level performance and meeting established overall vehicle objectives
- Create Crash & Safety CAE models (including vehicle and components/systems) and CAE model design guidelines, follow literature and developments to adapt and improve quality of CAE models
- Perform Crash & Safety CAE simulations to evaluate and improve overall vehicle crashworthiness in conjunction with occupant protection
- Collaborate with test engineering teams to develop and support crash tests at the subsystem and whole vehicle level
- Perform detailed post-crash test analysis and correlate CAE simulations with test results and prepare and execute concise management summaries and reports
- Provide input into the preparation of design specifications, DFMEA, and other engineering design documents where analysis plays a central role
- Perform studies using optimization tools, including 6-Sigma or similar techniques for vehicle designs to meet performance requirements while considering conflicting characteristics such as cost and mass.
- Understand and explore predictable and unpredictable failure models of various materials and compounds to enable good correlations with physical testing
- Understand and continuously improve knowledge in the field of dummy kinematics.
- Academic degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Engineering disciplines
- Several years of demonstrated successful experience on CAE safety ( Structural crash, occupant safety, Pedestrian Protection) and strong fundamental knowledge of crash mechanics and numerical methods
- Strong understanding of the legal and consumer safety requirements for global market and being able to translate the regulatory requirements into the design criteria for structures and restraints specific to frontal and side crash.
- Demonstrated ability to deconstruct complex crash test scenarios with good logic and analytics
- Proficiency in Crash & Safety software like ANSA, HYPERWORKS, and LS-DYNA, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others on problems that are unusual or difficult
- Minimum 1 or more vehicle launch experience from beginning to end
- Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes
- Fluent in English and German and very good knowledge of the relevant Microsoft tools
- Sustainability is close to your heart, you like to swim in the open ocean and stand by your successes and mistakes
What to expect
- A visionary team in a rapidly growing, young company
- No deadlocked processes and hierarchies, but a lot of courage and free space to shape things at a mobility provider for an oil-free future
- Our proSono platform offers you the chance to pitch and realize your own projects - your ideas are welcomed, not feared
- A culture of appreciation, in which we celebrate successes as well as mistakes
- Flexible working hours as well as an open, modern office with little paper but Trello & Slack instead
- Organic bread flatrate, free drinks, vegan catering service, etc.
You see yourself as our Automotive Crash & Safety Engineer Electric Vehicle (f/m/x)? Then apply via our online form and convince us - we are looking forward to you! Just a few more words for you about us: PARTNERSHIP: in our company the traditional employer-employee relationship is replaced with a partnership. The owners will work together with you, but they will not manage the company - you and your colleagues will! RESPONSIBILITY: you will have more responsibility for the whole picture and you will also be able to have a great impact. In addition you will be required to contribute and take initiative! FREE SPACE: not everything will be in place yet. We might have not the same service, support and infrastructure as other organizations, but that exactly gives you a free space to initiate and create things you miss! COMMUNICATION: to work in this way open and straightforward communication is essential. This is a strong part of our culture!