Your tasksThe engineers of the Sono Solar team are working on the next generation of vehicle-integrated solar products - in addition to the Sion, also for other vehicles of various potential customers and partners. As a CAD / CAE engineer, you will be largely responsible for the implementation and validation of our integration solutions in CAD. The role requires in-depth CAD knowledge and a passion for implementing our PV technology in various projects. Does this sound like a challenge you feel up to?Your tasks in detail:
- You are responsible for the CAD design and CAE simulations of our customer-specific solar integration solutions - from prototypes to series applications.
- For this, you will independently develop design proposals for conceptual and customer-specific integration solutions with internal and external partners and ensure a technically optimal and cost-efficient component design, taking into account all necessary requirements.
- You take care of the optimal use of space for solar integration on various vehicles - always in close coordination with our customers.
- You support our development team in the implementation and simulation of various ideas in CAD / CAE tools and coordinate these with our development partners.
- In all your tasks you keep an eye on the big picture by creating production documentation for parts lists and drawings of individual parts / assemblies / assembly drawings
- You always have a sustainable and environmentally friendly product in mind
- Completed studies in the field of engineering (mechanical/vehicle engineering or comparable)
- You have experience in the field of design and development in the automotive, truck or bus industry.
- You have very good knowledge in Catia V5 or Catia 3D-Experience and a routine handling of MS Office or Google Docs applications.
- Furthermore, your knowledge of product data systems (PDM) and their application is required.
- You enjoy working with project management methods and see communication as one of your strengths.
- You are fluent in English and ideally also in German.
- Sustainability is a matter of the heart for you, you like to swim in the open sea and not only stand by your successes, but also by your mistakes.
What to expect:
- A visionary, likeable team, motivated to make solar integration into vehicles a big thing
- A young company where missing structures or processes are met with creative ideas and a lot of creative energy.
- A culture of appreciation, where we celebrate successes as well as mistakes.
- Flexible working hours, plus Trello, Confluence Slack & instead of paper.
- Organic bread flat rate, a vegan catering service and much more.
For you to consider before applying our job offer: In a small company organized the way we are, the traditional employer-employee relationship is replaced with a partnership. You cannot expect the same service, support, and infrastructure as you would in a large organization. Things you miss might need to be initiated and created by you. You are regarded as someone who is really important in terms of how our company is doing, not just as someone who comes in and does their job. You will have more responsibility for the whole picture, and you will also be able to have a greater impact than in a larger organization. You will feel a bit more insecure than you might in a larger organization. How the company is doing financially has a more direct correlation to your employment. The owners will work together with you, but they will not manage the company - you and your colleagues will. You will be required to contribute and take initiative. You will have to adapt to the fact that not everything will be in place, taken care of or running perfectly. To work in this way open and straightforward communication is essential. This is a strong part of our culture.