- You visualize, refine and document the MCU state machine
- In addition, the maintenance of the MCU firmware (bug fixing and implementation of minor changes) belongs to your area of responsibility
- You define MCU-CAN messages to ensure automotive-compliant bus communication with other ECUs in the vehicle
- You optimize the MCU parameters for maximum MPPT performance
- You are responsible for energy management for solar charging vehicles and data pre-processing for intuitive user experience on infotainment screens and mobile app
- You are responsible for the definition and implementation of MCU functionality tests in test bench and vehicle environments (end-to-end)
- The vehicle PV yield model refinement for realistic solar range simulation and MCU dimensioning in close collaboration with Test Engineer Solar Integration providing PV measurement results and with MCU Power Electronics Engineer for electrical layout optimization round off your range of tasks
- You feel at home in the world of photovoltaics. You can tell so if you get all warm and fuzzy when you hear basic terms like "IV curve tracing", "EL Photography", "MPPT", "Solar Irradiance" or "Voc at STC".
- Programming in C/C++ and Python is your "daily bread".
- You quickly penetrate complex machine behaviors, have used various tools to visualize and optimize them.
- You have a strong system understanding of consumers and power generators in automotive applications.
- You have a natural hands-on mentality and are able to apply a logic-based problem-solving methodology to any challenge.
- Clean documentation of measurement results and conclusions on open knowledge management platforms is not an annoying evil to you, but a new drive and source for new ideas.
- Flexibility and pro-activity are your strengths. Where there is a will, there is a way.
- Fluent English is a must - fluent German a plus.
What to expect:
- Probably the best team in the world. You will never want to see other faces again on Monday morning in the group check-in ;-)
- A young company where missing structures or processes are met with creative ideas and lots of creative energy
- A culture of appreciation, where successes are celebrated just as much as mistakes
- Flexible working hours, plus Trello, Confluence & Slack instead of paper
- Organic bread flat rate, a vegan catering service and much more
For you to consider before applying our job offer: In a small company organized the way we are, the traditional employer-employee relationship is replaced with a partnership. You cannot expect the same service, support, and infrastructure as you would in a large organization. Things you miss might need to be initiated and created by you. You are regarded as someone who is really important in terms of how our company is doing, not just as someone who comes in and does their job. You will have more responsibility for the whole picture, and you will also be able to have a greater impact than in a larger organization. You will feel a bit more insecure than you might in a larger organization. How the company is doing financially has a more direct correlation to your employment. The owners will work together with you, but they will not manage the company - you and your colleagues will. You will be required to contribute and take initiative. You will have to adapt to the fact that not everything will be in place, taken care of or running perfectly. To work in this way open and straightforward communication is essential. This is a strong part of our culture.