The engineers at Group Sono Solar are working on the next generation of vehicle-integrated solar products - in addition to the Sion, also for other vehicles from the transportation industry. As a development engineer, you will be largely responsible for managing individual development projects with our partners. The role requires strong fundamentals in PV module development and a passion for pushing the boundaries of our technology. Does this sound like a challenge you're up for?
Your tasks in detail:
- You are fully responsible for the further and new development of our ViPV solutions for the transportation industry
- Together with our product managers, you define development goals and technology specifications and then are the responsible driver for the development
- You define development plans, select the necessary development partners and act as a technical project manager towards them, i.e. you are responsible for costs, quality and time
- You work hand-in-hand with our mechanics to implement the solutions in physical prototypes.
- You also support our engineers in the implementation of vehicle prototypes, e.g. by selecting the right integration solutions
- As a project manager, you always have the goal of sustainable and environmentally friendly products in mind
- In order to promote synergies, you will closely coordinate your projects internally with the other project managers within the Solar Group.
- You have a degree in engineering, e.g. electrical engineering or are a physicist with a strong practical background in material science
- You have at least 7 years of relevant experience in the development and integration of PV modules and/or systems - ideally for mobile applications
- You have good project management skills and have successfully demonstrated them in action on several occasions
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy taking on great responsibility in cooperation with external partners
- You work in an exceptionally structured and conscientious manner, act independently and on your own responsibility, but still prefer to celebrate successes as part of a team rather than alone
- You are fluent in English - German is a plus
- Sustainability is a matter of the heart for you, you like to swim in the open sea and stand not only by your successes, but also by your mistakes.
For you to consider before applying our job offer: In a small company organized the way we are, the traditional employer-employee relationship is replaced with a partnership. You cannot expect the same service, support, and infrastructure as you would in a large organization. Things you miss might need to be initiated and created by you. You are regarded as someone who is really important in terms of how our company is doing, not just as someone who comes in and does their job. You will have more responsibility for the whole picture, and you will also be able to have a greater impact than in a larger organization. You will feel a bit more insecure than you might in a larger organization. How the company is doing financially has a more direct correlation to your employment. The owners will work together with you, but they will not manage the company - you and your colleagues will. You will be required to contribute and take initiative. You will have to adapt to the fact that not everything will be in place, taken care of or running perfectly. To work in this way open and straightforward communication is essential. This is a strong part of our culture.
A visionary, courageous team, motivated to make solar integration into vehicles a big thingA very dynamic company where missing structures or processes are met with creative ideas and a lot of creative energy.A learning culture characterized by transparency and values where it is allowed to make mistakes, ask any question and look for ways to improve for the customer, the team and yourself.Flexible work hours and workplace choices that allow for staying healthy during the Corona pandemic.A no-print policy, sustainably produced coffee, a vegan catering service, and more.