Your TasksOur bidirectional wallbox enables customers to not only charge their vehicle but also to discharge it and use it as mobile home storage. We develop the wallbox in close collaboration with our partner Kostal Industrie Elektrik. As a technical project manager, you are responsible for the series development of the product and coordinate and oversee all development tasks.
- You develop our bidirectional wallbox which is a key element for a successful energy transition
- Responsible for the project success in terms of quality, time, and scope
- Translate functional product specifications in technical requirements and identify specification gaps
- Actively drive the product development forward and bring about necessary decisions
- Coordination of the activities of our external service providers and partners
- Close alignment with your internal colleagues especially from the Electic/Electronics department on technical, functional, and systemic topics
- Detailed project scheduling, risk analysis as well as reporting and handling of unforeseen events
- Clear communication to stakeholders of delays, deviations from the development plan, and the respective consequences. Preparation of mitigation measures.
- Creation of testing concepts and test specifications for the bidirectional charging system
- Overseeing of testing and/or preparation and execution of tests
- Evaluation of testing results and deriving of measures
- Degree in electrical engineering, physics, or similar qualification
- Fluent in English
- Relevant experience in the domain of charging infrastructure or charging system development
- Experience in the management of complex development projects
- Knowledge of ISO-15118(-20) is advantageous
- Knowledge VDE-AR-4105 or EN-50549 is advantageous
What to expect
- You will be part of our SonoDigital team, which is an experienced, dynamic group with agility in their DNA and the conviction to be part of the solution for a future where mobility can be sustainable.
- As a learning team, we foster an open learning culture where it is allowed to make mistakes, to ask any question, to actively search for ways to improve for the customer, the team, and yourself. You embrace these values and are excited to join our journey.
- Sono Motors values your lifestyle choices. Our SonoDigital team is headquartered in Munich. We are seeking people who commit to a minimum on-site presence of three days, spread out over a part-time (30 hours) or full-time workweek.
- An open office with little paper but Trello & Slack instead
- 30 days yearly vacation and flexible working hours
- Corporate benefits at futurebens
- Free drinks, a subsidized vegan catering service, etc.
As you apply for this role, we would like to give you some insights into our company culture and organization. At Sono Motors, we replace the traditional employer-employee relationship with a partnership at eye level. When people transition from large organizations to Sono, we sometimes hear that they miss certain services, support, and infrastructure. We invite you to address these gaps with us. We see you as a creator of our company, not someone who only shows up to do their job. At Sono Motors, you take matters into your own hands, and you will achieve the desired impact. Our founders and CEOs will work alongside you, and together with the entire Sono team, you will lead our organization. We expect you to take the initiative, contribute to our organizational development, accept imperfection, and communicate transparently. We call this #staysono; this is our culture.