Your tasksThe engineers of the Sono Solar team are working on the next generation of vehicle-integrated solar products - in addition to the Sion, also for other vehicles of various potential customers. As a development engineer, you will be primarily responsible for managing individual development projects with our partners. The role requires strong technical fundamentals and a passion for pushing the boundaries of our technology. Does this sound like a challenge you're up for?Your tasks in detail:
- You act as a technical project manager and are primarily responsible for managing individual development projects for further and new development of PV integration technologies with our external partners
- Together with the product management you define development goals and technology specifications and are then responsible for their achievement
- In addition, you will support our mechanics and engineers in successfully implementing the developed technologies in prototypes
- To do this, you combine responsibility for the achievement of technical goals with successful project management
- As a project manager, you always pay attention to costs, quality and time, you assess risks and develop alternative solutions - always with a sustainable and environmentally friendly project implementation in mind
- To promote synergies, you closely coordinate your projects internally with the other project managers
- You have a degree in engineering, e.g. mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, automotive engineering or industrial engineering
- You have at least 2 years of relevant project experience in developing PV Modules
- You have sound project management skills and have successfully demonstrated them on several occasions during your past projects
- You have some experience and knowledge in the automotive or transportation sector
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy taking on great responsibility in cooperation with external partners
- You work in an exceptionally structured and conscientious manner, act independently and on your own responsibility, but still prefer to celebrate successes as part of a team rather than alone
- You speak fluent English. German is a plus
- Sustainability is a matter of the heart for you, you like to swim in the open sea and stand not only by your successes but also by your mistakes.
What to expect:
- A visionary, likeable team, motivated to make solar integration into vehicles a big thing
- A young company where missing structures or processes are met with creative ideas and a lot of creative energy.
- A culture of appreciation, where we celebrate successes as well as mistakes.
- Flexible working hours, plus Trello, Confluence Slack & instead of paper.
- Organic bread flat rate, a vegan catering service and much more.
For you to consider before applying our job offer: In a small company organized the way we are, the traditional employer-employee relationship is replaced with a partnership. You cannot expect the same service, support, and infrastructure as you would in a large organization. Things you miss might need to be initiated and created by you. You are regarded as someone who is really important in terms of how our company is doing, not just as someone who comes in and does their job. You will have more responsibility for the whole picture, and you will also be able to have a greater impact than in a larger organization. You will feel a bit more insecure than you might in a larger organization. How the company is doing financially has a more direct correlation to your employment. The owners will work together with you, but they will not manage the company - you and your colleagues will. You will be required to contribute and take initiative. You will have to adapt to the fact that not everything will be in place, taken care of or running perfectly. To work in this way open and straightforward communication is essential. This is a strong part of our culture.